Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


I haven't walked on 2 feet for 2 weeks now. How am I suppose to keep up with these 2 gorgeous and mischievous darlings? I am some how. I find myself crawling sometimes, is a mom suppose to do that?


Are you getting excited for tomorrow? I know I am. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is spent with my most favorite people ever, my family.


This is just some of my family. After church on sundays, we like to go to brunch. Lucky's on Cherry St. is one of our favorites. If I could spend time with them everyday I would. My Aunt Jill is the head matriarch of our family now my grandmother is gone. My mom and I have never made a holiday meal. My Aunt has always done it and I really think it is something she enjoys. I would love to cook some year for my family but that isn't going to happen soon. For all of my 31 years I have loved helping her in the kitchen. Every year she complains about one of the dishes being overdone, or salty, or too thymie, but they are always perfect. Always. This year is upsetting because all I can do is sit and watch.

I did get out to the gun range yesterday with my brother Peter, my Mom, and my cousin Michelle. Shooting with one leg for balance is hard. But I was out of the house, out of the bed!

That's my Mom and my brother. She is a great markswoman. Sometimes she needs help racking her gun, but after that, watch out! Her aim is true. And my brother just shows off when we go with him. He goes to the USSA range almost every day. Where does he find the time, oh yeah...no kids.


My best friend since elementary, Carrie, was in town this last week visiting her family for the holidays with her fiance, Tal. It was great spending time with her and her family. She gets married in May, the girls and I get to be in the wedding, we are very excited. We spent time dress shopping and looking for tulle for 2 little fairy/flower girl tutus:) Carrie was such a good sport with my limited movement and energetic kids.

I am so thankful for my friends and family who have been dragging me and my walker around town for visits and errands. Picking up the girls from school, bringing over food, helping us from boredom galore, I appreciate it all. That is why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Food, family, and friends is all I need for happiness.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Oh, so here you are!!! I'm going to comment on your blog incessantly until you post more. :) Good thing you love me.